Elaine Gillingham very kindly shared this from Phillimore garden centre. Although they have had to close, they are offering a limited delivery service. To ensure a slot can be achieved, if anyone is interested please let me know and I will try and arrange all deliveries for the same day.
This is from their website:
Tel:01763 260 537
Thank you for all your patience regarding the shop being closed.
After a week of lock-down experience, we think we can now begin a limited delivery service. As the Garden Centre is operating with a skeleton staff, we are forced to limit the number of deliveries per week to 60.
Here is how we plan to operate the service:
• Where ever possible, please email orders using the email@example.com address, including your address and telephone number.
• For those who are unable to email, we will be taking telephone orders on Tuesdays between 10 am and 5pm. I am afraid that it may not be possible to take orders at any other time as we are working on site away from the phone. Our number is 01763 260537.
• If there are a group of people who can organise to have their deliveries together, delivered to one person’s drive, that would help us immensely.
• After taking the order, we will collect your goods together and then ring for payment and delivery arrangements.
• We have a £5 charge for all orders below £20. Values of £20 - £50 will be charged £2. Orders over £50 are free. Unfortunately, we can only deliver within a 10 mile radius and not into Cambridge.
Currently we have very few seed potatoes, but have just had a delivery of seeds. These are still low, but we are hoping for another delivery soon. We do not have any vegetable or herb plants in yet – that supplier is in complete shut down. We do not yet have bedding plants or basket plants (these are usually due for the end of April) and are currently out of small starter plants. Compost stock is good.
Please bear with us as there are just the two of us working with the help from our daughter!
All the best Karen, Nigel and all the Phillimore staff.